During my quest for helping my scars heal better, I have done a lot of research on various types of creams you can use on your scars. Which scar creams will make your scar smoother, lighter, darker, less raised, hydrated, and prevent extensive pigmentation. Many dermatologists and plastic surgeons mention vitamin C as revolutionary in skincare.
Vitamin C Helps Regenerate Your Skin
It has been shown that vitamin C promotes collagen production. Collagen has the potential to thicken the dermis, diminish fine lines, and is essential for firm, youthful skin. Furthermore, vitamin C is an antioxidant, meaning it protects skin cells from damaging free radicals caused by UV exposure.
Here is the benefits vitamin C has on your skin:
- Brightening effects
- Reduces redness and evens out your skin tone
- Helps fade hyperpigmentation
- Reduced the appearance of under-eye circles
- Promotes collagen production
- Protects against sun damage
- Soothes sunburns
- Boosts wound healing
Best Vitamin C Serums for Surgical Scars in 2021
I tried out different Vitamin C serums and the below products have worked well for me. My skin became smoother, and my scars appeared less visible and started to match my normal skin tone.
MDO Vitamin C Glow Ampoules
The concentrate in this seven-day ampoule treatment boosts radiance by improving your skin tone as well as the skin structure resulting in a skin glow.
The serum forms a natural filter for an irresistible glow. No other filters are needed with this effective Vitamin C ampoule treatment.
- Evens skin tone
- Reduces the appearance of dark spots
- Smoothens skin structure
- Helps prevent the development of pigmentation
- Protects from free radicals & counteracts photoaging
MDO Intense Hydrating Moisturizer
For the best results when applying vitamin C serum to your scars you can use the Intense Hydrating Moisturizer. It’s best to do this after every ampoule treatment. This will help lock the vitamin C serum into your skin and help you retain moisture.
For the entire range of MDO products, visit their online shop.
How to use Vitamin C Serums
Although topical vitamin C is generally well-tolerated, all skin products have the potential to cause side effects. You should always do a patch test to assess your risk for allergic reactions. Always follow the instructions on the product’s label.
Vitamin C serum is typically applied once or twice per day. The best approach is to cleanse, tone, apply vitamin C serum, and then moisturize.
Heads up: My posts may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through any of these links, I promise you won’t pay a penny more, but I’ll get a small commission, which helps me keep this website going. Thanks!
- New Year New Me
- My Scars Before and After Skin Graft Surgery
- Temporary Tattoos to Cover Your Scars on Special Occasions
- Two Years After My Skin Graft Surgery
- Medical Tattooing for Scars
- How to Hide your Scars in Summer?
- Using Tattoos to Cover Scars
- 10 Best Scar Creams You Can Use in 2023
- Movies about Self-Harm
- Using Stem Cells to Remove Burn Scars